Our Dedham funeral home was acquired by George F. Doherty & Sons in 1963 after many years servicing the community as the Wilson Funeral Home. In 1980 the Wilson & Doherty Funeral Home acquired another Dedham funeral establishment when they obtained the Hugh J. Cannon Funeral Home which had been in business since 1945. The funeral home was renamed George F. Doherty & Sons Wilson-Cannon which it operates as today.
The building has been reconstructed by George F. Doherty & Sons and has become one of the most prominent and modern facilities of its kind. Completely handicap accessible with a large parking area, the building is exquisite and beautiful with elegant landscape and immaculate interior. The rooms are furnished with oriental rugs and antique furniture. The large, well illuminated rooms are capable of accommodating all types of funeral and memorial services, large and small. A working fireplace, peaceful background music, and a downstairs family room provide an ambiance of warmth and comfort.
George F. Doherty & Sons are proud to extend their services to those in need and welcome any questions or comments.